Monday, September 10, 2007

James Farmer - online identity and ownership

Have finished listening to another recorded Eluminate session in which James Farmer talks about online identity, especially in relation to blogs. The main thing I really took away from this session is that using blogs, especially as a teaching tool, is messy. You cannot keep things rigid and structured like you can in learning platforms like BlackBoard. I have been really struggling with this - I have spoken on more than one occasion of feeling like I am on a merry-go-round and cannot get off. What I actually have to do is hang on tight and enjoy and the ride. Having said that, now I have got the hang of Google reader, I am feeling a lot more confident about finding my way around the Internet and the community of blogs that is out there.

No comments: