Sunday, May 3, 2009

Making a Prezi presentation for International Day of the Midwife 2009

For some time now I have been meaning to have a play with Prezi, which is a program that allows you to make presentations. So today I made a presentation for the virtual International Day of the Midwife on May 5th.




http://prezi.com/55137/


Good things
The good thing about Prezi is that is gives presentations a very different feel to PowerPoint. So if you are especially bored with PowerPoint, give this a go. And it is free.

Not such good things
I have to say that I didn't find it very intuitive, and I didn't find the instruction videos very helpful either. I would think that people whose Internet/computer skills are average, would find this program a tad tricky to get their heads around. Having said that, I think it is worth persevering to get such a different effect to traditional presentations.

Instructions
To see the presentation I made, go to the box above and click onto 'open'. This will take you to the presentation. Wait a few seconds for it to download and click the 'play/forward' button in the bottom right hand corner until the end of the presentation.

I love to hear what you think of it, and the contents.

4 comments:

Claire Thompson said...

Hi Sarah,
The Prezi presentation definitely has a different feel; very cool :) I was wondering about the Flickr links; did you select to have them pop up on the screen after the image is seen? I found they slowed the presentation down (but you've got to include the attribution somewhere, eh?) I haven't viewed a presentation in Prezi before; thanks for sharing!

Sarah Stewart said...

Good point, Claire. The other thing I could do is add the attribution to the image before I paste it into Prezi, maybe by means of PowerPoint. thanks for feedback.

Mike Bogle said...

If it's any consolation I was scared off the one time I looked at it for the same reasons you've mentioned. I still want to have a go, I was just expecting it to be easy to pick up and just use and found the opposite to be true. I sure like the results thou :).

Sarah Stewart said...

The snag is that the Prezi server has been down most of the day, so I wouldn't want to have that happen when I was giving a live presentation, so maybe back to the good old trusty PowerPoints after all!