Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Girlfriends, Twitter and Tom Jones

I am a bit late with this news, but needless to say, I had a great time last week at the Tom Jones concert in Dunedin. And...you'll all be glad to hear that I kept my knickers on although I cannot say the same for some other lusty ladies in the audience.

What made the evening so special to me was that @smilingpamela and @cherylalice came all the way down from Blenheim to join me. Pamela and Alice are friends that I have made via Twitter, and this was the first time that I had met Pamela, and Pamela had met Alice in person.

What was so striking was that even though we had not met, we all got on like a house on fire and had a fabulous evening.

I don't know what it is about Twitter, but it has enabled me to build the most incredible relationships with people in a way that does not happen with other online, social media tools. I might spend a lot of time on Twitter, but to my mind these friendships make it very worthwhile.

No comments: